Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dear State Department,

I know you're busy.   I really do.  What with diplomacy and foreign relations and all, I can see why it might be difficult to stamp a paper.    I visualize a desk there at the Truman Building that's simply covered with papers, all needing stamps.

I'm sure it's overwhelming for your person who is in charge of the all-powerful stamp and sometimes they might just want to take some time off.  Is that what's happened, State Department?  Have you all gone on holiday?  Your website says that you will authenticate documents in approximately 8 business days.  I realize this is an approximation, but I'm quite sure that one whole month is longer than 8 business days.

You've asked that no one phone or e-mail you, as that would surely add to your stress, but the fax number which you've so graciously given, which I've faxed, has yielded no results.  The People's Republic of China has given us a deadline of October 23rd to have all of our documents stamped, sealed, and delivered.  State Department,  please put your stamp on that paper.  Our Utah marriage certificate is legit.  I promise it is.

A boy in China waits while our paper gets dusty on someone's desk.

Stamp it already.

Sincerely,
An Impatient Family

P.S. And just to foster a little healthy competition, I  thought I'd let you know that the Secretary of State Offices of Washington, California, Utah, and Oklahoma, the Chinese Consulates in both San Francisco and Houston, and yes, even The Department of Homeland Security have all beaten you soundly and left you in the dust.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh goodness. That is TOUGH. I do hope that the State Department reads your blog and gets ON it!!
:)

Tammy said...

How frustrating! I bet you can relate to this Brian Regan comedy sketch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohE_edBCM0Q

Beach Mama said...

Did you fax your post to them? I hope that they blow the dust off your papers and get them to you quickly.

rachel said...

Hi Eileen,
I just checked the blog and I am shocked! I don't even know how I got on there as an adoptive parent. I think I follow Tonggu Mama's blog, but I honestly don't know how that happened. I will let her know. Thanks for telling me!! :)

I hope the State Dept. gets their act together ASAP! How exciting that you're adopting again. I wish you the best!

Julie said...

Hmmm....should we storm the castle?? How annoying...praying they do the work it takes to lift up that stamp and place it on the paper!!