Monday, March 1, 2010

They're Home


Forty-eight hours of travel, and she still looks radiant.

It was so late when Lyle and Lucy finally pulled in last night that we've only gotten snippets. I know Lucy's lovely hairstyle took an hour to complete and cost one dollar. I know on their hottest day in clinic the temperature hit 115 degrees, and I know Lucy was providing dental services that (cough) junior high-schoolers are generally not licensed to provide in the U.S.

Here are some things mentioned in passing that will require elaboration: a marriage proposal, a stabbing, and Lyle's "Rocky" moment (not Philadelphia, but African style) with children, dogs, and various goats joining him on his morning run.

Also promised, a concert by Lyle on his new instrument. He's found his beat.
Evidently it was in Africa.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so proud of them. Chills~! Welcome home.

I may have to call you for some details- I can't wait for another post : )

Julie said...

They are home...safe!! Love Lucy's hair. I'll be waiting with baited breath for more :)!!

Jen Bay said...

Can't wait to see picturs!

Chelsea said...

Sounds pretty cool! Can't wait to hear to details. Tom and I are currently in Japan having our own international adventures.

Lisa said...

Yay! Home again! Home again! Love that smile on Miss Lucy's face...you are right, E! Radiant! I can just imagine Lyle running with all the children and animals surrounding him like the Pied Piper....what a great visual! Waiting to hear about the stabbing...ew....welcome home, all!