Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Lucy Senegal Journal, Day 7



February 24th, 9:00 PM

I don't have much to say about today. I was feeling fine when I got up, started feeling really tired, almost fell asleep at the clinic, came back home, had a temperature of 102, took a shower, and felt a little better.


After, we went out to the market, where my dad bought a lot of spices so he could make some Senegalese dishes when we get back home. He bought four good-sized bags and it only cost him 1000 safa, which is a little more than 2 dollars.


There were a ton of people and horse carts, so we went to a quieter section of the market, where we got some medication for worms and lice, which are going around, and I really don't want to get.

I will probably sleep soon. I'm very tired after being sick. My braided hair is really tight and it hurts to lay on it.

The sky is always so clear here, never any clouds. At night, you look up and see every constellation.

What took faith today:
*going to clinic
*getting up
*watching older boys wink at me
*going to the market

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am in awe whenever I read these. What an experience for "Lucy". I'm wondering if a future adoption from a certain African province might be in your future. wink wink