Sunday, December 7, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos de Maya

Last week Dora the Explorer arrived in our mailbox, inviting Maya to a birthday fiesta for her amiga on Sabado. Maya thought it was MUY bien. The birthday chica's madre and padre said no presents, por favor, and asked if each child could instead bring a can of comida for the food bank. "Fantastico! No problemo," I said. "HEY!" Maya said. Problemo! She'd been waiting a long time for an amiga party and was not very feliz about bringing pureed pumpkin. We talked mucho and eventually she saw the luz.


"It's O.K.," she sighed, looking at the can. "It comes with whipped cream."

Mmmm, Muy delicioso!

9 comments:

Jen Bay said...

I love her red shoes....

Kristina P. said...

Whipped cream makes ANYTHING better!

Terynn said...

Red shoes make lots of things better. too! :~)

Maya is a-DORA-ble in this pic!!

Eileen said...

A-DORA-ble. Man, Terynn, you're creative! Kre-8-tive!!

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a way with words! So cute!

Terynn said...

Hey, Eileen.

R U mocking me? Eye hope knot. lol

Eileen said...

I never mock anyone. I might mock a turleneck, maybe a trial. But mock one of my precious 22 followers? NEVER.

Lisa said...

Maya, you are making me muy hungry.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Simply precious!

great post made me muy simpatico! I hope that was correct!

Ivy