Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Making a Splash



I think that Washington is a better-than-average place to live.   I don't say that casually because I've lived in lots of places that I really liked a lot.  Iowa, for example, was quite wonderful.  I loved the green rolling hills, the picturesque farms, and the golden corn fields,  but I can guarantee that you'll never see a splash like this in any body of water in Iowa.

This splash is beyond the capabilities of even the largest pool-side cannon-baller.  


Unless you have a relative that's roughly 9 tons.  


Then maybe they could compete.


Out on the water today, the challenge was where to focus my camera, because there were whales everywhere.  Mamas and babies were a big hit with our girls,


but the big males didn't need to rely on the cuteness factor.
They were just impressive.


Sea World just can't match this.



We went home tired but happy.  And so happy to call Washington home.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Where did you see them? How cool! We saw some on the ferry last month but of course I couldn't snap my camera fast enough!

Eileen said...

We were on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, heading up toward San Juan Island. It was so neat. I've never seen them on the ferry.

Julie said...

Very impressive, indeed! I think I love on the wrong side of Washington!

~T~ said...

Wow! Those are great pictures! Looks like a fun trip.

Chelsea said...

That looks so cool! Very beautiful!

Alyson | New England Living said...

That is very awesome! Good job on catching such coolness! :)

Carla/snapshot said...

Thanks for stopping by! David was a great guide, and we have his email address if you would like it.

Now...off to enjoy a new blog! :)