Monday, May 17, 2010

Scenes from the Garden


How Lyle spent his Saturday....



....finishing the wisteria walkway.


No matter how many times I've said, "This is the coolest thing you've ever built,"
he manages to top it.



And so really, this time I'm sure.  This is absolutely the coolest thing he's ever built.  
These pictures are just a sneak peek.  Without the vines, it looks naked.



Over on the front porch, the Autumn Sunset climbing rose is blooming early.
Way early.
It's Rose's rose and always blooms for her birthday in June.
This year it's hitting its peak in May.


Over on the dining trellis, we have our very first blooms on the Cecile Brunner climber.


Baby doll pink is usually last on my list of color choices,
but I'll admit that these are the most adorable little flowers I've ever seen.
The wood on this trellis is also cedar, built just one year ago.
We've let it weather naturally and I love the muted gray color.  
It doesn't fight with the white colored house and lets the vines take center stage.
We'll do the same thing with the wisteria walkway.
The thought of painting that beast makes my arm tired.

9 comments:

~T~ said...

Oh, that is beautiful already. I can just imagine it covered with blooming wisteria! I wish we had room for a wisteria walkway.

Tammy said...

Wow! Does Lyle want to come visit his favorite brother and build him something cool? :)

Kelly said...

Amazing!

Julie said...

WOWZERS...so did he design that all on his own. It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see it covered in grooth!! Tell Lyle he's out done himself.

Jen Bay said...

He's a keeper! Always has been. Can't wait to see your wisteria...

Eileen said...

Julie,
Nope, no design. I don't think he even drew anything out this time. I did show him some pictures, but mostly I trust him to come up with something fantastic.

Marie said...

Hello sweet Eileen - I'm a new follower of your blog via The Inspired Room. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos! I love the design - your hubby has skills! And those roses are so pretty.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Remodelaholic said...

I am in love iwht this project! I would love to feature it on my blog if you are interested, just let me know! Thanks

Cassity

Sue said...

Thats beautiful!!! Can I suggest you get a white wisteria..the scent is truely amazing!!!! You can see mine here (and my hubby built my archways too :-) We are lucky girls...
You can see the white one here..
http://stampingandscrappin.typepad.com/2010_virtual_photo_walk/2010/05/may-mini-assignment-close-to-home.html