Monday, April 19, 2010

It must be Spring

Tonight while putting Cholita to bed, I noticed we were not alone.
Love was in the air.
And on the windowsill.
The penguin wore argyle and the cat sported a sequined collar.
Mr. Penguin's trying to lose a few pounds, so he ordered the lettuce.
To share.


On the other windowsill sat a blue jay and I believe a dog of some sort.
 All the trendy restaurants now are serving Cheez Whiz.

On the bookshelf, a lamb with a lovely hair adornment 
sat prim and proper while her date, the fox, whispered sweet nothings.
Her Dad doesn't trust him.  (He's waiting up.)
They ordered the mayonnaise.  

On the bed, a chihuahua and a frog
locked eyes over a piece of toast.
There's some serious chemistry going on here.
I felt like I was intruding.


In the closet, a platypus worried she was overdressed
while her date, the dachshund, found her a bit forward.
They were still waiting to be served.


And on the floor, this handsome couple celebrated 
their love over swiss cheese.

The monkey was adorned in a crocheted skirt, revealing halter top, necklace, and veil.  
Evidently she had just married the polar bear.

And was eager for some alone time.

Cholita scares us more than a little.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Baaaah Haaahh!!!! I love her!

Beach Mama said...

It definitely looks like spring! I love how they all were on a date night.

Gayle said...

Such sweet things scattered around your home! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm going to have to stop by for a visit again with you.

Julie said...

Aww...The lucky man that one day wins Cholita's heart will most definitely need to be a culinary king. It's seems to me that, for Cholita, a little good food is the key to a good relationship! he he

Jen Bay said...

:) Love is in the air.

Tammy said...

What a great post! I laughed and laughed! :)

~T~ said...

The Frog is asking the Chihuahua "Are you gonna eat that?"
-Dandelion Slayer

raw mayo?
caterpillar