Friday, July 31, 2009

BOOM! A Guest Post by Bruder

Our glass pan exploded.

No, I don't mean broke. I mean exploded. We (me and Lucy) were frying our roast on the stove- top for our Sunday dinner. Unfortunately, we forgot to thaw the roast beforehand. I also forgot that Pyrex doesn't do to well on a stove. Under ordinary circumstances, the glass would have probably just cracked, but since the roast was so cold and the pan was so hot, (as my dad explained) the two forces pushed each other apart resulting in an explosion of simply terrific proportions. Luckily, I was standing with my back towards the pan. Some of the glass landed in other rooms! So, in short, don't try putting Pyrex on a stove top and you may live a little longer.

Note from Mom: No, we do not often leave our children unattended to make Sunday roast. They've helped us with it many times and said they were ready to fly solo. We were upstairs when we felt the house shake from the blast. One more health reason to go vegetarian!

5 comments:

Jess to the Lo said...

Glad everyone is ok! :D

Kelly said...

You are so lucky no one was seriously hurt. What a horrible freak accident...

CSIowa said...

I did that with a pie at Thanksgiving one year. I accidentally turned on the wrong burner, where I had left the pie because we were out of counter space. Maybe I need adult supervision in the kitchen. In fact, I'm pretty sure I do.

Jen Bay said...

Wow. It's amazing that no one got hurt. Thankfully.

Michael and Denise said...

In Rexburg I had FHE sisters that made brownies one Monday night. The pan was still really hot after all the brownies were out so they set the pan out on the front porch... in Rexburg... in FEBRUARY! So about 15 seconds later we heard a little pop and then a huge BANG! And the brownie pan was no more. Glad everyone is well.