Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One Year Ago Today


On May 23, 2006, we woke up to a phone call from the Small World Adoption Agency. Kathy asked if we'd checked our e-mails from last night. Nope, we hadn't. "Well," she said, "I sent you the file for a beautiful 8 month old...." The kids weren't up yet, so we quietly went downstairs and opened the e-mail and read all her information.


At the bottom were her photos. I wanted to kind of sneak up on them and give myself a moment before I saw her, but I scrolled too fast and there she was!


There were 3 adorable pictures, but it was this one that just took my breath away. She felt familiar and so much like a Beck. Lyle kept chanting, "All babies are cute....All babies are cute..."


I wouldn't say our minds were totally made up in that moment because we knew we wanted to discuss her file with an international adoption pediatrician, but we certainly knew we really WANTED to adopt her!


Wow, that was me?!


I'll admit, that e-mail from one year ago is still in our "in-box". It makes me happy having it there!

No comments: