Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 2008



Our Easter Sunday started in typical northwest fashion with gray skies and cold, rainy weather. Also in typical northwest fashion, the clouds have now cleared away and we've had a sunny afternoon. I thought the kids looked so cute (don't tell Adam I used that word) this morning. I was proud that both Madeline and Adam joined Lyle in the church choir today, a first for Adam. Although Abby was physically present on the stand during the primary musical number, I did not see her lips move even once. Abby, on the other hand, told me that she DID sing, she was just trying to see how little she could move her mouth and still make noise.



We colored eggs last night and the little girls made a horrible mess.....



....and enjoyed every minute of it!



Madeline always shows a great deal of patience with her eggs and gets the deepest colors.



Adam is confident enough in his manliness to use pink.



The kids went downstairs at about 8:00 this morning and were very pleased with their Easter baskets. Adam got a new basketball that's touted as the ball that never needs inflating. The first thing I heard him say when he bounced it was, "hmmm, it's seems a little flat." Madeline got the game "Blokus", Abby got a set of little fairies, and Maya was thrilled with her very own backpack! She may sleep in it tonight. Here she's enjoying Lyle's delicious German pancakes while wearing the beloved backpack.



Each of the girls got an Easter dress and they all looked so pretty. Maya does not seem capable of a normal smile when the camera comes out. In this photo she was laughing because it was about my 20th attempt to get one decent picture. That little stinker!


I'm the primary nursery leader in my ward and so I get lots of Qiu time on Sundays! She loves nursery and is always very happy to arrive and eat her snack. Notice once again the backpack. And the picture face.


I was able to sneak a shot of her listening to the lesson. She really pays attention and participates. She loves learning. Oh, a kind of funny story from today. During the sacrament, a little boy a few rows back was very loudly reciting the alphabet. He was going strong through "G" when his mother quieted him. Maya didn't even miss a beat and when he stopped she yelled out, "H, I, J...."


Back home I tried one last time to get a normal smile out of her. This was the result. I give up.
Happy Easter to all. I've really felt the spirit of the day today and the joy of the resurrection.

*Just a couple of hours after I finished this post, we got a phone call that dear friends of ours from church had just lost their precious 13 year-old daughter. She had been in the hospital in Seattle for the past month fighting MRSA pneumonia. She was an amazingly talented young lady--state champion gymnast, dancer, honor student, and just a wonderful person. Our hearts are aching for this sweet family tonight

No comments: