Our glass pan exploded.
No, I don't mean broke. I mean exploded. We (me and Lucy) were frying our roast on the stove- top for our Sunday dinner. Unfortunately, we forgot to thaw the roast beforehand. I also forgot that Pyrex doesn't do to well on a stove. Under ordinary circumstances, the glass would have probably just cracked, but since the roast was so cold and the pan was so hot, (as my dad explained) the two forces pushed each other apart resulting in an explosion of simply terrific proportions. Luckily, I was standing with my back towards the pan. Some of the glass landed in other rooms! So, in short, don't try putting Pyrex on a stove top and you may live a little longer.
Note from Mom: No, we do not often leave our children unattended to make Sunday roast. They've helped us with it many times and said they were ready to fly solo. We were upstairs when we felt the house shake from the blast. One more health reason to go vegetarian!